Monday, September 21, 2015

Undercover With The Enemy by Sharron McClellan - #5StarReview #RomanticSuspense #ThisnThat #AuthorInterview #Entangled #SelectSuspense



        



UNDERCOVER WITH THE ENEMY
by Sharron McClellan

Published:  August 17th, 2015
Publisher:  Entangled: Select Suspense
Length:  288 pages
Genre:  Romantic Suspense, Contemporary Romance

Available:  Amazon  |  B&N  |  ARe  |  Kobo  |  iBooks





When opposites ignite...

High-risk securities operative Holly Milano usually prefers to work alone. Having a partner is, well, annoying. Case in point-her current assignment with Kane MacMillan. They're working undercover in high society to retrieve a priceless diamond necklace.

And Mr. Plan Everything is seriously cramping Holly's fly-by-the-seat-of-her-sexy-pants style.

Kane takes his job seriously, and he knows from experience that working with Holly usually ends in disaster. Their conflicting approaches could destroy their cover-or worse, get them killed. But when they're forced to pose as an engaged couple, neither Holly nor Kane are prepared for the possibility of an unexpected attraction...or that they're now putting their lives and their hearts on the line.





Interview with Author Sharron McClellan:


  How did you get from your day job to writing romance?
I still have a day job…sigh but my break began when Silhouette when launched the Bombshell line. (I loved that line) Once I heard about it, I knew it was my way in. I wrote The Midas Trap and sent it to both Silhouette and agents. One agent (Richard Curtis) asked if I minded if he called them. Of course I didn’t mind. He called me back an hour later, said it was sold and asked if I wanted him to represent me. It was Richard freaking Curtis—of course I said, “Yes”.  And so it began….


·         Did you write at home or someplace else?
Always at home because I have the attention span of a hummingbird. If I go to B&N or a coffee shop, I’ll people watch instead of working.


·         What was harder: beginning, middle, or the end?
Starting—the first 3-4 chapters are tough because they set the tone.

·         How did you come up with the title? 
I can’t lie—I didn’t. My editor did. I stuck at titling books. I can write 400 pages but 4 words? Nope nope nope


·         Favorite line/quote from current work?
“Try to seduce my fiancĂ©? You whore!” (I love a good fight scene)

·         What in your travels influenced Undercover with the Enemy?
I lived in Annapolis for about two years and learned to sail (thanks, Sue!), made wonderful friends who owned boats, and even crewed on a few races.  Though when I say “crew” I really mean “rail meat”.   But all that sailing and some of the lingo made its way into the book. It was a wonderful experience.


·         Where will your next trip be to?
The husband and I aren’t sure. We’re planning a rim-to-rim Grand canyon hike for next fall but for spring, we’re going to watch for sales and that will determine the destination. Could be Argentina…could be Scotland….who knows! . A  “pantser” trip, as it were.





Review:

This was one fun book to read!  Enemies-to-friends is a theme I always love and Ms. Sharron did a first rate job with it.  Holly and Kane were quite the pair; Impulsive and adventurous meets by-the-book and somewhat uptight.  Yup, a match made in, well, somewhere.  They were sent to infiltrate a high society gathering and retrieve a priceless piece of jewelry.  Holly being the pantster that she is, when she has a blunder forces them to pose as an engaged couple which is something of a problem since they do it on the fly.  It becomes a matter of National Security when they don't have their stories straight!  


Ms. McClellan kept the plot line active from beginning to end.  Kane might not seem like he's the most likable of characters at the beginning but he's a good guy with his heart and head in the right place.  He is I think, the glue that really holds this story together.  He certainly does change during the story arc for the better.  It was a clever story; one I haven't seen the likes of in some time.  I liked that it had a lighter tone but didn't dissolve down into silliness, yet it was still an intelligent story.  All in all, they butt heads a lot, end up in awkward situations and eventually work things out.  They really were a fun read. I think those who love Romantic Suspense will love it for sure.  5 Stars!


Rate:  5 Stars  A Must Read


Heat:  2/5  Flirty



Disclaimer: I received this book for free from the Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.


Either/Or With Author Sharron McClellan



  • Boxers or Briefs? Boxer-briefs.
  • Facial hair or clean shaven?  Facial hair
  • Alpha or Beta?  Omega
  • Planner or Panster? Planner!
  • Coffee or tea?  Coffee
  • Vanilla or chocolate?  Chocolate (What is this a, a trick question? J)
  • Sweet or salty?  Sweet (see previous answer)
  • Laptop or desktop?  Tablet
  • Beach or mountains?  Mountains
  • Winter or summer? Summer
  • Cat or dog? Cat
  • City or Country?  Country
  • Backpacking or luxury hotel? Backpacking
  • Morning or night person? Morning
  • Christmas or Halloween?  Halloween
  • Optimist or pessimist?   Optimist!




Meet Author Sharron McClellan:

I always planned to be a writer of some sort. However, when I went to college, I took journalism and creative writing and sadly, the teacher’s sucked the love of writing out of me. So I turned to my next love–science. At first, I wanted to be a marine biologist, but there was the whole shark issue. Frankly, they freak me out.
Instead, I discovered the joys of playing in the dirt-a profession more commonly known as archaeology. For years, I focused on excavating ancient sites that included projectile points, burn pits and the occasional burial.
My focus returned to writing when I took a position during the archaeological off-season and ended up answering phones for Princess Cruise line AKA The Love Boat. Which, when you consider I write romance, is somewhat ironic. It was during that time that I took to reading romance. It wasn’t long before I fell in love with the genre and returned to my first love-writing.
Five years later, I sold to Silhouette. Five years after that, I landed at Entangled Publishing–Huzzah!
Today, I live in San Diego, also known as the City of Perfect Weather. I have an awesome husband who supports my passion for the written word in every way possible.   We both love to travel so don’t be surprised to find locales I’ve visited appearing in my books and pictures popping up on the website. It’s a big world—both in my head and out there!


Where to Find Sharron:







No comments:

Post a Comment